Moje spotknie z Pimaxem i testerami w Berlinie
Czesc

Wrócilem wczoraj z Berlina , na forum Pimaxa napisalem moje spotrzezenia, pozniej Wam to spróbuje przetłumaczyć jak znajde czas...

Guys finally my honest imperssions after returning to home ..
First of all I was very positive suprised about how well organized was Berlin meetup which gave me plenty of time to test my favorite games and switch beetwen devices as many as I want. I was there since 5 till 8.20 PM and I would stay even longer as an meeting atmosphre was fantastic ( thanks to whole Pimax team , Marcin , Sebastian and Thomas) but unfortunatelly I have to leave becouse my kid get bored. I'm happy that they allow me enter with my wife ( not a backer) and 2.5 old doughter to the meetup which I really appreciate !
My first test was leap montion expirence on 8k and laptops powered by gtx 1070 prepered by Robin Weng. It was fantastic and IMHO the best expirence of the day
Then I meet Martin and he introduced me 5k plus with Skyrim, ED and later 8k with sims like Asseto Corsa , ED, IL2

What I like:
  • in both devices 8k and 5k - they already implemented IPD indicator with values shown inside HMD. Long awaited but needed feature !
    • SDE / PPI in both headsets great , hard to notice differences, hard to notice SDE ( 5k PPI is enough with RGB panels)
    • FOV ! and 3~4 profiles to set
    • comfort was ok , my glasses fit inside , no problems with nose gaps , YES I can see light coming thru this gap but I like it that way becouse I can glance on keyboard when playing my favoirte sims
    • both headset very light ( compared mostly to my preordered vive unit, and PSVR)
    • the lenses ( apart of distortion part) was great , super crisp, didnt notice god rays, around 120~140 degree sweetspot !
    • tracking , proven tech. - no issue at all
Issues to improve:
  • distrotions similar to vive gear vr mod but larger between 5~10 % of each side , noticable for example in skyrim vr when looking at trees or high bulding geometry, should not be a huge problems in sim games like ED , IL2 , DCS, AC , PC 1,2
  • I understand that both headsets are using LCD screens but please Pimax engineer provide a software calibration settings for user. I want to adjust colours temperature , brightness and saturation , I really dont like black level ( more grey than black) in ED.
    I tryed lower gamma inside game but it seems that something ( software or hardware) locking it still at very exagerated level and for me was hard to be immersed that I am in space .

• Asseto Corsa tryed only on 8k unit and viusal was great only at front plane , I observed lots of distance blurr It was like on my Vive without supersampling. Together with Sweviver we tryed using different supersamplings levels ( Steam VR app shown very high values like 4200x2500 pixels but that input resolutions wasnt on the screen. Game wans't react at all for supersample changes.
  • The same problems was with IL2 but Marcin said he was able bump up resolution when changed monitor resolutions at home ( He have 4k monitor) but during meetup we had only 1080p monitors. In vive montior resolutions is nver related with HMD resolutions ! It's a big issue for me.
I hope that thouse issues will be fixed by Pimax team or game developers but should be adressed before relase.
Conlusion:
I am thinking about changing my pledge for 5k plus and dreaming about 5k plus with RGB OLED screens

krótki filmik z spotkania https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-1b2AFhP7M
Born too late to explore the earth, too soon to explore the stars...
At least I was born in time to do it in VR.

Odpowiedz

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości